Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tennis tournament awesomeness

I played two matches today and won both. The first match was against one of my friends from school. He started playing tournaments when he was nine. We had a good match that took almost two hours, and in the end it was 6-2,6-2. For my second match (the finals of the consolation bracket) I played another one of my friends who is a good tennis player. It was his first tournament, too. The match was really tough,lots of long points. My feet were throbbing afterwards, but in the end it was 7-5,6-1. So for my first tournament I think I did pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. Matthew played great today in both matches. His second match was a slugfest against a particularly tough opponent. They battled from the first serve all the way through to the last point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!"Slugfest" and "Battle" sounds pretty tough. Glad I don't play tennis. How's the tennis bag working out besides making you the coolest competitor at the tournament? Congratulations from both of us on your wins and better luck next time on your losses. With us you are a always a winner no matter what the score. Grandma and Grandpa in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks grandpa, the bag helped tremendously and the tournament was fun and tough at the same time.

    ReplyDelete